JOY CAMPBELL-SMITH is a Toronto based Make-Up Artist and Hair Stylist. She has23 years experience working mainly in Fashion Advertising and Editorial.
Joy spent 7 of those years based in the U.S. and has done make-up and hair on shoots in many countries from Croatia to India.
Known for her light-handed style, “Joy can turn any woman into a beach goddess.” (John Vanderschilden. Fashion photographer)
The daughter of a Fashion Photographer, Joy has been immersed in the business since childhood. “As a kid I used to think that refrigerators were ingeniously designed to hold exactly 1000 rolls of film and 1 carton of milk!”
Joys’ clients include : TIFF (1994-present), MTV, Universal Music, Warner Music, EMI, Ralph Lauren, Estee Lauder, Nike, Cover Girl, Sony, Canon, Kohls, Tabi, Tilley Endurables, Lord and Taylor, American Airlines, American Express, Nokia, Lens Crafters, Roots Canada, Bacardi Rum, Dodge, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sporting Life, Hudsons Bay Company...
Joys’ work has been featured in such publications as: Marie Claire (Turkey), Shape Magazine (Espanol), Quele (Denmark), Ocean Drive (U.S.), Wedding Bells (U.S.), Viva (Italy). Flare Magazine, Toronto Life Fashion Magazine, Glow Magazine, Chatelaine.....
And on a personal note, Joy has this to say;
- “My hobbies?"
- Crossword Puzzles-Obsessed! No pencils please.
- Beginner Tennis- More specifically wearing tennis clothes and holding a Raquet.
- 14 years playing the Djembe (an African hand drum), coinciding with 14 years of noise compliments...or was it complaints?
- Sarcasm (a popular Canadian pastime)
- Food likes: -Anything! Including road kill if you put truffle oil on it.
- Food dislikes: -Anything that I cook.”